Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Turn Around...

Tonight Scotty and I were playing with the girls after their bath, just before bedtime. This particular evening consisted of Caroline twirling around in her nightgown (or as Aunt Mandy calls it, a "turn-around gown!") while Libbey sat on Daddy's lap and watched from the sidelines. Ever his sentimental self, Scotty wistfully said "Time is flying by...these girls will be grown before we know it..." Libbey cheered him by procclaiming, "Daddy, I'm never moving out--I'm gonna live with you forever!" While that is precious, dear daughter, I said the exact same thing to my parents not so many years ago. And here I am...6.5 hours from home...and right in the center of God's will. Amazing...

Was it just yesterday that Libbey was a 4 month old with a head full of dark brown hair?




I'm certain it was only last week when I posed Caroline in her bathroom, to capture shots of her at 6 months of age...baldy that she was!


Yes, time is flying...I'm taking pictures with my heart, trying to capture it all and store these memories forever. And once again, I'm getting all Hallmark-ish here, but it's just what I'm feeling now. So there you go.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I love the phrase "taking pictures with my heart".

Sarah P. said...

I just read a phrase that definitely hit home for me today... about how the days may pass slowly, but the years, they just fly! Anyway...you have beautiful girls, a beautiful family.