Friday, July 4, 2008

Flashback Friday!

No More Kings!


A Schoolhouse Rock history lesson--my type of learning!

On this fourth of July, I want to sincerely thank my late grandfather, L. Levoid Raley (WWII), my late uncle, Everett Raley (Korean Conflict), and my father, Sonny Roth (Vietnam) for serving our country. Please pause today and think of a veteran who has made freedom a blessing for all Americans. If you're able, thank this individual...I know he or she does not hear it nearly enough.

Of all the rights guaranteed to U.S. citizens I am most thankful for being able to publically praise my God and attend services at my local church whenever the doors are open. If I want to stand on the street corner and sing, "Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that You're my God..." I can do so without fear of harm coming to me or my family. It is not something I take lightly. I cherish this freedom. I'm grateful to have such liberty.

We are blessed.

Happy Independence Day, Y'all!

19 comments:

sanctuaryseeker said...

You said it girl. What wonderful freedoms we enjoy BECAUSE there were men and women willing to sacrifice to make it so.
Rock on!!!!

Heather said...

Happy Fourth, sweets!!

Unknown said...

I'm right there with ya!

Happy 4th!

Melissa said...

Just watched this video with my kids. It's the whole collection. I just love Schoolhouse Rock.
My husband just preached a sermon and reference how America Needs to Bless God because God has already blessed America. Well said, I thought. Happy 4th sister!

Pinky Roth said...

Happy 4th to you...I have not heard from you in almost a week, what gives???

Nicely stated about the men and women who sacrfice their lives to protect us and our freedoms!

Love,

Mom

Insane Mama said...

So many people forget to honor those that have made this country what it is. Thank you Lula for realizing what this day is and what it means.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Happy 4th to you and yours! I wish they still showed School House Rock...

John Deere Mom said...

I love the Schoolhouse Rock! Just ask my students...they have seen Unpack your Adjectives more times than they can count!

Swirl Girl said...

Lolly Lolly get your adverbs here...and I'm just a Bill are two of my favorites. Let's not forget Conjunction Junction.

We are watching School House Rock right now!!

Happy 4th.

leezee52 said...

Thanks so much for sharing the School House Rock!

Have a great 4th!
Lee

Unknown said...

Thanks to my Papaw (WWII) and my Uncle Roy (Korea). I love my freedom!

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

I love school house rock! I had forgotten about that one. My fav was conjunction function. :0)

CaraBee said...

Schoolhouse Rock is the best!! Happy Fourth!

KimmyJ said...

I thank your family members who served as well! Great post.

"conjunction, junction, what's your function....."

Debbie said...

Let's all chant: Bring Back Schoolhouse Rock. That is such a great part of pop culture that our kids are missing out on! And lovely post, my friend.

TentCamper said...

Happy fourth my dear!!!!!

Teri said...

My teenage daughter and I sang the Preamble School House Rock song over and over for her political science final in May. Love that stuff.

And yeah for freedom of speech! Go for it!

Nan said...

Happy 4th, a day late! Thanks to your family for serving! My youngest got the entire School House Rocks collection for his birthday and they love singing all the songs!!

Tiffany said...

This is such a great post. Love you girl!