Wednesday, September 9, 2009

They Love Me. Seriously.


Dear Darling Daughters,


Tonight, as the three of us sat in the darkened living room, watching your beloved Andy Griffith Show, I felt a moment of such sheer perfection that I did not want the experience to pass.

Maybe it was because the two of you were butt-nekkid, as we say here in the South. (I can't even remember why y'all had stripped to your birthday suits!) Or could it be that I was feeling a tinge of guilt because I know that I'll be leaving the two of you for the next few days?

I don't like leaving you. But I need to spend some time with my sisters.

See, the two of you have each other. You are each other's best friend. As sisters you are constant playmates...sparring partners...cuddle bunnies. Rarely a day passes that you girls don't spend hours together. Oh, my sweet girls...you are blessed.

Mommy does not have sisters. Not blood sisters, at least. Mommy's "sisters" live thousands of miles away, in Arizona and California. And I haven't seen them since last November. When we were constant playmates...sparring partners...and yes, cuddle bunnies, if but for a few days.

So I'm going to be gone for a few days and enjoy some grown-up time with these two "sisters" of mine. While I'll miss you both every second that I'm away, I rest comfortably in the knowledge that you won't have time to fret over my absence. 'Cause staying with "Memaw Kim and Papaw Bill," and a weekend in Richmond with your father, Nanna, Poppy, aunt, uncle, and cousins, will make it all worthwhile.

Plus, Aunt Mandy is taking you to Kings Dominion on Saturday. Aunt Mandy rocks, of course.

Yes, I'll bring back souvenirs from Mexico. That's all y'all really care about, right?

I'll miss y'all desperately...please do me a favor and try to think of me at least once or twice while I'm gone.

Love,
Mommy


p.s. Bloggy sisters (and brothers--hey Greg and Tony!)--full vacation report, with pictures, next week. I promise. I'm also looking forward to catching up with all of you...yes, I've missed making my blog rounds over the past few days. How are y'all?




23 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, yes, sisters truly do rock, whether they're blood or not.

I have two of the best sisters in the world, and then even more sisters in spirit.

Stay safe in Mexico, watch out for the swine, and don't forget your freakin' camera this time!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Have a fabulous time! I love cruising. And I am still rather bummed we missed our cruise in February because we braincationed instead...

Amy said...

I am so jealous, I need a getaway too! Have fun and don't do anything that I wouldn't do...which is probably not much...teehee!

I love my sister...she's the only sibling I got!! :D

Unknown said...

Mexico?! So jealous!!

Usually we're in Playa del Carmen in September for my birfday...not this year. :(

Have fun!

Unknown said...

Mexico?! So jealous!!

Usually we're in Playa del Carmen in September for my birfday...not this year. :(

Have fun!

CaraBee said...

Have a great trip! And enjoy Catching Fire! (Just finished it, you're gonna love it!)

Tony C said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip Lula! I'll keep you in my prayers as you travel.

Beautiful post...I got a little (sob)...emotional. But I feel safe expressing that fact here.

Elena said...

OH! Have fun! I'm trying not to covet. Can't wait for some AWESOME pictures and stories!

Randi Troxell said...

oh what a sweet letter!!

and did i just pick up that your going to mexico... oh i'm so JEALOUS... my favorite place!!!

Brandy said...

Have a fabulous time!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Wahoo! Have a great trip!!

SunshineBarlowe.com said...

Girl.. I hope you have the BEST freaking time ever.. We'll chat when you get back..

Love,
Sun

Jen said...

I hope that you have a wonderful time. I wish you safe travels and please don't drink the water. ;)

Pinky Roth said...

Be safe and I know you will have tons of fun! Be sure to take lots of pictures as well.

Love,

Mom

Swirl Girl said...

jealous, thanks for askin'

Casey said...

Have fun Lula!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I won't even say Have a Great Time because you totally will. Just be safe then!

Amy said...

I have so been wanting to go see my "sisters" have fun.

I love to see my girls sisterly bonds grow. So special. I always tell them how lucky they are to have each other.

Gombojav Tribe said...

Are you cruising with your girlfriends?! That's so cool! A few days ago my girlfriends and I booked a cruise to Mexico, too! We are going in January. (I don't know HOW I'll wait until then!) I'm going to leave my six kids with my husband and have myself some GIRL TIME! Yippeeeeee!!!

Jamie said...

Dropping by from Texas Word Tangle....have a great time on vacation! Can hardly wait to see the photos and recap!

Julie said...

have a great time!

LenaLoo said...

Hey Lula! Been catching up on your bloggy posts for the past hour (I, too, have been super busy living life, nothin' wrong with that, hear?) and I just wanted to let ya know I think you are super fab :) Have a great time in Mexico :)

Rhonda said...

I was never given a sister either. I'm not entirely sure if I've forgiven my parents for that yet. The fact that they had THREE boys before being blessed with me should not have deterred them from trying just one more time, for MY sake. I don't even have any "sisters in my heart" that I could do something like this with. Sigh..... However, I am looking forward to my solo trip to Vegas next month! I've never done anything so crazy, and selfish, before! Whoooo-ahhhhh!