Monday, September 7, 2009

You May Be a Tiger, But Your Mama is a DAWG!

Once again it's that time of year. It's the season of me losing my shiz every Saturday afternoon or evening...pacing, screaming, shouting, praying loudly, clapping, hurling insults, offering praise, and generally acting like a total idiot. All in the name of college football. More specifically, all in the name of my beloved Georgia Bulldogs.


Georgia Bulldogs Dangle Earrings Pictures, Images and Photos
Yes, I own these earrings. My Mama gave 'em to me for Christmas. Don't judge.


My brother, Eric, and I have been lifelong Bulldog fans. Even our parents, who graduated as Bulldogs--albeit Mississippi State University Bulldogs--root for the Georgia team, because they have a clue, clearly. Eric and I are Georgian by birth, Bulldog by the grace of God. Amen.

Witness our texts from this past Saturday, which was Georgia's season opener, against 9th ranked Oklahoma State University:

One minute into the game:

Me: Dude! I'm liking this new QB! We win this one & momentum will be rolling all season long.

Eric: They can't stop us--but their offense is supposed to be better than ours.

Me: (after UGA scored on the very first drive of the game) That opening drive was almost textbook perfect. I'll be watching OK's offense now...we'll see what happens...

Eric: We should be OK.

Three quarters later and we're losing. Badly:

Me: (in a store, unable to check in on status of the game) What's the score? Are we winning?

Eric: Heck* no. We haven't done crap* since the first drive. Cox (Georgia's new quarterback) looks horrible.
*Of course he didn't text "heck" or "crap." Use your imagination.

Me: Dang...this is gonna be a crap season for us. Sigh...we'll just have to muddle through.

Eric: I wouldn't bet on many wins, unless they do a complete 180 after this weekend. I'm not hopin' for much.

Me: We gotta hope for the best...

Eric: ...we gotta get a life, man.

He was just really upset...deep down, my brother knows there's not much life outside of Georgia football. And that, my friends, is truth.

So...other than Tiffany-my-love, who else out there is beyond excited that pigskin Saturdays are once again upon us? Who doesn't give a hoot at all? Please let me know straight away, so that I may pray for you...
Bwahahahahaha!


Georgia Bulldogs Constitution Pictures, Images and Photos

28 comments:

Ker said...

I don't wanna say anything, but if they did a complete 360, they would still suck :) that is just the rules when it comes to geometry.

Oh, and if for some random reason you haven't listened to "The Horror of Our Love" by Ludo... Listen. Why don't I get to pick the music for the Twilight Series?

Brandy said...

I don't give a hoot. But I do wear my Hokie gear cause it's the right thing to do.

Unknown said...

Well, after being married to a Vol fan for 9 years, I do have a lot of orange in my closet, but I'm a TOTAL fair weather fan there, and lately there've been some BIG clouds hanging over Neyland Stadium. Now, I'm a big old Gopher fan but... seriously, that and .50 won't even get you a gumball.

Now SUNDAY afternoon pigskin... mmmmm......

Caroline said...

My dog lost his "shiz" in several rooms of our house yesterday...but it wasn't because he was excited about football...

I like Wake Forest, but with all that's going on here, I can't keep up with football right now. Besides, baseball is about to enter the playoffs and that's what we watch.

So, pray for me if you want, but not about football - pray that this precious little boy or girl will choose to grace us with his/her presence a couple weeks early and will be healthy.

ugagirl30 said...

I am proudly supporting my one-loss Dawgs!! Sadly, I did not get to watch the game, but from the sound of things many of them were suffering from flu-like symptoms including Cox. He didn't even make the trip with the rest of the team. He went a day later on his own. One other did not make the trip at all because he was diagnosed with swine flu. And after half-time many of the team members had bandages on their arms where they received IVs during the half. I was just messing with my husband about making excuses...but of course, I am passing those same things on to you. So we won't hang our heads too far, because the Dawgs don't stay down.

GO DAWGS!

CaraBee said...

I heard about the OSU win from some of my friends back home. I thought of you. I'm sure your dawgs will bounce back and start kicking some tail.

College football? Not so much. I went to a basketball school, GO JAYHAWKS!, and football was sort of an afterthought. Professional football on the other hand, I am totally down with that. Ironically, I can't stand professional basketball. Figure it out.

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to lie, when I saw those earrings without reading the post yet, I thought they were Gossip Girl earrings. And I was proud.

Unfortunately I can't watch my Cavaliers out here in Colorado. For some reason, no one seems to be interested in watching an East Coast team lose to another East Coast team out here. All I can say is, Wa-hoo-wa ladies! (Especially to Brandy hahaha)

Swirl Girl said...

Go team GO!

Heather said...

I never really cared much about football until Elijah started to, about three or four years ago. And now that he's playing "real" football, I'm all about it. May not understand it, but he loves knowing more than his momma about something, so he has plenty of patience when it comes to explaining a play to me.

Hope it doesn't come to OSU playing the Bulldogs...is that even a possibility?

Is your cell working these days? I'll give you a call this week, 'kay? Miss you, love you, bye.

SunshineBarlowe.com said...

MY FAVORITE:


Eric: ...we gotta get a life, man.

HAaaaaa

SunshineBarlowe.com said...

MY FAVORITE:


Eric: ...we gotta get a life, man.

HAaaaaa

brainella said...

My husband went to GA Tech; I'm not allowed to like UGA. :-)

Elena said...

Oh yes....Game Day at this house is as anticipated as Christmas. We're BYU and Boise State fans over here. (Both won, which is even more exciting.) BYU beating the Sooners was a BIG deal...BIG deal! Much celebrating and screaming, I'm surprised the cops didn't show up.

Unknown said...

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!

I did hate to see GA lose Saturday. I want the SEC to be as strong as possible, since we are the best conference EVA- enuff said!!!

amy

Randi Troxell said...

LOVE IT!!! my hubby is ACTUALLY (no lie) from oklahoma... but come sat... who do you THINK he was rooting for and pissed when they lost... though we did have his sister texting us the whole time!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!

Brandy said...

Hey I saw this morning that the new tennis star, Melanie Oudin, is from Marietta, Georgia. So while your football team isn't doing great, you gotta another Dawg that is tearing it up! LOL!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

Sorry! No college football for us. We do watch some college basketball though. Go Zags! You may now pray for my lost soul.

Catching Fire?

Gina said...

You may pray for the condition of my mortal soul, because I don't give a rat's ass about football. Even at UGA. Sorry!

Tony C said...

Vanderbilt 1-0
Georgia 0-1

I'm just saying...

Live.Love.Eat said...

ONLY because you asked - I don't care about football. BUT I do care for those who do care about football. Hope I get points. AND I do have an English Bulldog, even though you don't dig dogs. More points?

Hubs is a big OSU fan so I like when they win. Whatever points I got are gone now right?

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oooops. Hubs is a big Ohio State fan. Buckeyes. See, told you I don't do football.

Heather said...

I don't do football...college or otherwise. Please still love me.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new design! True Story!
And I don't judge anyone on their college football dangle earrings, because I may or may not have big red N's hanging from my ears on Saturdays. GO HUSKERS! :)

Tiffany said...

You know how I LOVE my Trojans. I love that you get how I spend my Saturdays.

And, how we both now follow the other's team a bit closer.

Saturday worked out well for me...

See ya tomorrow beyotch.

Yeah. I said it.

Unknown said...

I'm a Georgia girl and the DAWGS for us are seriously right next to GOD! I feel for you!

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I went to UGA. And I only went to one football game the whole time I was there. I know. I am such a nerd. And then I married a sports loving nerd. Who graduated from Tech. But. He loves the Dawgs. Unless they are playing Tech.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Hmmmmmm....reformed Ga. fan here....Go Vols!

Angela said...

LOVE it! I went to UGA as well and bleed red and black :-)

I was disappointed in last week's game... but, I was also buying my first car in 12 YEARS that day, so I did not have time to get too disappointed. Today I'll actually be able to watch, LOL!